At the AIR Care Centre® you will find a set of quality services geared to meet the challenges of assessment, intervention and rehabilitation for patients with respiratory diseases.
From the first contact, a multidisciplinary team, accompanies the patient and their family in order to diagnose and evaluate best practices, solutions and treatments to rehabilitate the patient. We are focused on their wellbeing, both physical and psychological, and always relying on family support.
Assessment - Without the correct knowledge of the patient, there can be no effective diagnosis and intervention that produces results. A multidisciplinary approach to cardiopulmonary levels, musculoskeletal, nutritional and psychological conditions, allows the identification of key elements for successful treatment and improvement to their welfare.
Intervention - Based on a therapeutic approach, it is centered on three pillars: controlling the disease, exercise training and education. It is with these three pillars that the team that accompanies the patient will improve his quality of life.
Rehabilitation - This is the ultimate goal, which is designed to restore the patient to an active life, improve the patient's self-management capacity of the disease, and always with the support of their families.
What are the benefits?
To have more endurance for life! The benefits for those who undertake pulmonary rehabilitation, are many and varied:
- decreased dyspnea / shortness of breath, fatigue, cough, and sputum
- improved exercise tolerance
- increased resistance in the activities of daily living
- reduction of stress and anxiety
- reduction of respiratory infections
- general improvement in quality of life
- better family and social integration.
For which patients?
The AIR Care Centre® is a centre focused on pulmonary rehabilitation for patients and people:
- with symptomatic chronic respiratory disease,
- respiratory problems or limitations in activities of daily living,
- people whose symptoms undergo respiratory difficulty in physical activity,
- or people uncomfortable in breathing and shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- people with a cough, sputum or fatigue when performing the various activities of everyday life,
- patients who need respiratory therapy before / or after surgery,
- people who want to quit smoking.
Treat yourself and take care of your wellbeing.
Conduct an evaluation and obtain a correct and timely diagnosis of your limitations and gain quality of life.
What kind of diseases?The most common diseases for whom AIR Care Centre ® - Respiratory Rehabilitation is intended, are: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), bronchial asthma, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, lung transplantation, deformities of the chest wall, pleural pathology (sequels) and neuromuscular disorders.